1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More newspaper idiocy, Star-Telegram edition

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Jan 30, 2009.

1. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

So you don't know anything about Jennifer or her work, but you're going to question whether her quality of writing justifies that she be paid as well as the other two columnists?

Hey, at least you're objective. ::)

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Of course ... let's blame stupidity on the technology.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Seems to me he's just raising the question -- a good one.

It's kind of a red herring, this notion she's automatically being screwed because she's making a lot less than them. LeBreton and Reeves have been columnists for more than 20 years and probably got good bumps in pay when the FWST brought in Galloway.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering why Witt hasn't been fired, why he even got hired in the first place. Peter principle?

5. GlenQuagmire

GlenQuagmire Active Member

I just found it interesting that he admits he knows nothing of Jennifer and her writing but is willing to question the quality of bothcompared to his two old friends.

Honestly, it's really not a big deal to me. No dogs in the hunt. Just interested and thought I'd ask the question.

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

The manager's email was reprehensible. A lesson for all of us? A lesson for you, you smug @##. And imagine a "manager" who asks why a writer should cover a road game? Why should they have a manager who gets paid not to produce, but to slash? Looks like the Star-Telegram is one overmanaged joint. There's where the cuts should come from.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Why would salaries be part of the e-mail then if it was about content sharing?

Another flat-out lie from this prick.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Seriously.

Remember, this comes from the same set of glass-encased assholes who believe copy editors are utterly disposable.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Memo said she has 12 years experience.... obviously not 24... or a day younger than 33.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Has Witt been fired yet?

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

It wasn't his fault. It was the email's fault. He probably got a raise for recognizing a major flaw in the company's email system.

12. Simon_Cowbell

My prediction of the next post:

What do you mean it wasn't his fault?

Draft saved Draft deleted