1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Myspace fun

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Spanking, as I employ it, is the ultimate casting of shame upon a child. It has nothing to do with physical pain. Therefore, it only works so long as a child recognizes it as the last straw. My son understands that it means I'm truly disappointed in him, and that his behavior is unacceptable and must stop. I don't remember the last time I had to spank. So it seems to work for me.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We didn't spank. We unplugged. Couldn't use it if it plugged in (nor could you use with batteries) - TV, radio, computer, etc.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You know what. Sometimes, I swear you're my dad.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Lord help me.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Nice.

6. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I used to have a problem with leaving stuff lying around the house.

My dad would pick said items up and either A.) throw them out into the front yard (keep in mind it was rainy/snowy about seven months out of the year) or B.) Hide them for months at a time, to the point where I'd forget I even had whatever it was he hid.

He also used to hate when I'd leave wet towels in the bathroom, so after I'd leave for school he'd ball them up and put them under my pillow. By the time I'd be ready for bed, they'd have been seeping into my sheets for about 12 hours. Very nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted