1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Myspace fun

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Apr 8, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Some of us with long SportsJournalists.com memories remember your thread about your daughter's behavior at 5 or so (can't remember the exact circumstance).

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

My parents never spanked, and I would like to think I've turned out OK. I don't drink or smoke, no arrests, college degree. Sister's the same, though she has a drink every now and then.

But as kingcreole said, spanking isn't an issue here. It's eight kids making a very poor decision.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Btw, when did a schoolyard fight become worthy of inclusion in the local paper? Two kids got into a scrap. Others watched. BFD.

4. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

That was my favorite part. At least the video had some comic relief.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Impressive! This is actually where I got the idea for the "Terminator look." Can't remember who gave it to me, but it's been a pretty good form of punishment. ;)

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I wish I was still in newspapers so I could tell this guy to fuck off:

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Phil McGraw should really go down for this.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

What a piece of crap.

9. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

My point is people seem to think spanking somehow wrecks the child in some way. I don't think it does. But I've seen more irresponsible parents and children who abide by "timeouts."

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"Now, Johneeee ... I think we really need to have some quiet time. That cat's tail will not grow back, sweetie."

11. John

John Well-Known Member

Can I at least watch TV in my room?

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When my parents sent me to my room, I loved it; there was a television, Super Nintendo, VCR, mini fridge and all the necessary snacks. My parents stopped trying to discipline me in middle school.

Draft saved Draft deleted