1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Michelle Bachman, with a new dose of crazeeeee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's why I'm surprised none of these journalists ever ask the birthers to prove otherwise, although to be fair, Bachmann said he hasn't proven that he was born in the US. Trump says he knows he was not born here?

Oh really, then prove it. If you can't, then STFU. Even if he could prove it, I'm not sure I'd care.

We have more important things to worry about.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The way they rationalize the speculation is that it goes to his genuine untrustworthiness. Didn't some pundit or politician famously say that we know less about Obama than any other president we have ever elected? (Which I think is absolutely false. Seems to me every second of his life has been pored over and written about). It is just one more piece of the puzzle - like his "associations" with William Ayers or the "antichrist" b.s. - that is supposed to add up to this being essentially a Manchurian Candidate as president.

3. Mizzougrad96

I think we absolutely know less about Obama than maybe any other president in history. He didn't even finish his first term in the senate. That's not his fault, but that's the way it went. The guy basically was elected to the senate and immediately started running for president. To his credit, he won...

4. Dick Whitman

I think we're both correct. You look at "knowing less" about him as, "He doesn't have a long political track record compared to other candidates." That's fair. I was thinking of it as the idea that his biography is shrouded in secrecy, which it is not.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Untrustworthiness is one word for it. I can think of a more accurate one.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

John McEnroe was born in Germany to U.S. parents. No one ever wanted to see his birth certificate for him to play Davis Cup.

Whole thing is craz-zee!

7. Mizzougrad96

I don't think it's shrouded in secrecy. But politically, I think we knew almost nothing about him. That was ignored because people didn't want to replace a wildly unpopular president with someone from his own party and the person who should have been the nominee (Hillary) ran an inept campaign.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

He's already done more than any other President has to prove where he was born when he released the COLB.
    And nobody's come up with any credible reason to doubt its authenticity.

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

There is quite a bit we still do not know about him personally. His entire college career is a mystery. It is hard to believe no one has come out that remembered him at Harvard. I would like to see what kinds of grades he received as well as get a look at some of his papers...the topics and his views on things. We know nothing about his educational career.

10. Dick Whitman

You serious?

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/Bridge-Life-Barack-Obama-Hardcover/dp/B003FN87QS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1303155726&sr=1-2

A sampling of non-existent quotes to follow.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

As opposed to the previous mongrel idiot, who was actually in a secret society at his college.

12. Dick Whitman

"Obama was a person who was mainly an observer. He came into it gradually, but increasingly, in the political sense. He had strong intelluctual curiosity. he was frustrated at the idea of living life passively. During his sophomore year he definitely had a distinctive kind of self-awardness that he grew into, a sense of purpose. That was really striking about him - for instance, when he announced himself as 'Barack' and not 'Barry' anymore. ..." - Caroline Boss, classmate at Occidental College (p. 109)

"He spoke much the same way he does now - reasoned, with passion, but not some hothead spouting off. Then, before he could finish, the stupid skit they had planned took him offstage. He was just getting going. I just remember thinking, Who is this guy? And why haven't we heard from him before. ... The impression he gave me was, 'I get involved when it is important enough.' The stuff we minority students were arguing about seemed important, but it was pretty small potatoes." - Rebecca Rivera, classmate at Occidental College (p. 110-11)

"I think self-deprivation was his shtick - denying himself pleasure, good food, and all of that. At that age, I thought he was a saint and a square, and he took himself too seriously. I would ask him why he was so serious. He was genuinely concerned with the plight of the poor. He'd give me lectures, which I found very boring. He must have found me very irritating." - Sohale Sidduqi, roommate in New York City during the Columbia years (p. 115)

"In his senior year, in Michael Baron's course in American foreign policy and international politics, he wrote a seminar paper on prospects for bilateral disarmament." - (p. 116)

"Barack didnt study directly with Horwitz or Kennedy, but they were very much in the air, and he absorbed what was going on. The Crit who was most important to his studies - not that he was an acolyte - was Roberto Unger." - Kenneth Mack, Harvard Law School classmate and current law professor at Harvard Law School (p. 184)

"Obama is probably smarter than Franklin Roosevelt but lacks the full thrust of Roosevelt's presidential self-confidence." - Roberto Mangabeira Unger, law professor at Harvard Law School (p. 186)

If anybody had walked by, they would have assumed he was a professor. He was leading the discussion, but he wasn't trying to impose his own perspective on it. He was much more mediating." - Thomas J. Perrelli, Harvard Law School classmate (p. 189)

"In law school, we had a seminar together and Charles Fried, who is very conservative, was one of our speakers. One of our classmates was in favor of gun control - he'd come from an urban environment where guns were a big issue. And, while Barack agreed with our classmate, he was much more willing to hear Fried out. he was very moved by the fact that Fried grew up in the Soviet bloc where they didn't have those freedoms. After the class, our classmate was still challenging Fried and Barack was just not as passionate and I didn't understand that." - Cassandra Butts, Harvard Law School classmate (p. 189)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.