1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More men come forward to say they and Larry Craig, well you know

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you've ever seen the Broadway show Avenue Q, this will amuse you:

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't mind to learn that Sen. Craig has been hitting on and having sex with guys all these years. That's his business.

I am just so glad that he's not gay.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Great lead in that E&P story, btw...

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

That story disturbs me. After the Minneapolis arrest, it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that Larry Craig is gay. It's got to be horrible for him and his family that he's so deep in the closet. The whole idea of digging into the man's sex life just strikes me as being wrong (if I were a reporter or editor assigned to the story, I would feel sick...and I would worry what people would find if they looked deep into my life.) Some blog poster brought up the fact that this could end up driving Craig to suicide -- they may have a point. You know he's got to be miserable and under a strain none of us can comprehend.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think its better that U.S. Senators who lie to police and are living their whole life as a lie be exposed better than not be exposed.

The truth can set you free, Larry!

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, but a guy that divorced from reality is a very real security risk.

8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

But he's already been exposed...the whole Minneapolis airport bathroom arrest showed that he was gay. (O.K. -- maybe he's not gay. He just likes anonymous sex in public restrooms with other men. That better?) This story strikes me as uneeded piling on. I could see if they found evidence of Mark Foley-type activity, where he was preying on underage boys...but this looks like consensual sex between adults. (Granted, I didn't read the story that closely.)

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Because he's a U.S. Senator who continues to maintain that he isn't gay and who won't resign despite the stated wishes of his own party.

I agree that it is uncomfortable, but he's caught between a rock and a hard place here. I doubt any of this reporting would have made its way to print had he 1. Simply said he was gay or bi or whatever he considers himself to be or 2. If he resigned like he said he would. As it stands, he's going to get flogged for quite a while.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Maybe he's a masochist and it's all going according to his plan!

Draft saved Draft deleted