1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More love and compassion from the left.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jun 25, 2008.

1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Sheesh. Talk about turning a fig leaf into a forest. It's a freakin' cartoon! An unpublished cartoon. Maybe no one responded to it because, oh I don't know, no one cares?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The left is by far the least tolerant of anyone else's opinions...

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Whatever.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Only if they're stupid opinions.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The Dixie Chicks, Scott Ritter, Joe Wilson, Don Siegelman and all of the CIA agents and military generals that wouldn't sing the Republicans' tune on Iraq might beg to differ.

When Air America affiliates sponsor the steamrolling of Toby Keith CDs and a Democratic administration outs CIA operatives for petty political payback or blocks conservatives from working at the Justice Department, let us know.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Really? And your basis for this is....what?

Oh no. Don't worry. I don't expect you to back up your claim, especially since you don't care, as you stated earlier.

Except that you keep posting here. Obviously you do care.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

What is very funny about the whole “denounce” argument is that it is based entirely on the idea that Old_Tony didn’t read his own thread.

Basically, here are a bunch of posts calling the cartoon unfunny crap written before the post about “nobody” denouncing the damn thing.

Maybe O_T needs some new glasses. Or maybe he’s too old and doesn’t remember things all that well. Much like McCain, he’s probably getting hungry thinking of the early bird special he’ll be ordering soon...

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Calling the cartoon "stupid" is hardly denouncing it as the hateful piece of tripe it is. The cartoon was offensive and had a similar cartoon been done from the opposite point of view, the cartoonist currently would be looking for a job.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I can honestly say I don't believe I've seen truer words ever typed on this site. You completely nailed it, Mizzou.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

How has "my side" been hurt by any debate? And what are you smoking that would make you think that?

And where exactly is the intolerance of which you speak. The way I saw the cartoon as they were lamenting the fact that a good person like Russert is struck down early in life while people who spew hatred -- and if you think Limbaugh does anything OTHER than that, then you're a "moran" -- freely continue to spew more hatred.

And I find it odd that anyone would put Limbaugh and tolerant in the same sentence. Limbaugh has never demonstrated a shred of tolerance. Is he deserving of the same?

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I officially denounce that cartoon. Now shut your pie hole.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Oh my god. Are you kidding me? People call the cartoon stupid and say it was in poor taste and that's not enough for you?

Draft saved Draft deleted