1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More love and compassion from the left.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jun 25, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uhm...please re-read my words. Never claimed that I had. I clearly said "Has anyone here suggested that someone NOT voting for Obama means they're racist?" And I asked you to point me to a case where that was true.

I'll gladly give you time, but I'm not holding my breath that you actually will.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Maybe the links are buried in ellipsis...

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Wow, that was really funny.

4. Mizzougrad96

I'm not searching for links because I really don't give a fuck...

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

But you certainly gave a fuck to throw out a general and largely incorrect statement. Don't you stand by your beliefs and convictions?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn, o_t, you're going to dislocate your shoulder if you keep reaching like that from now through November.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The moment I see real love and compassion being generated from the right is the moment I'll start feeling the need to take lessons on said subject. Until then, this is just asshattery.

8. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

What if Old Tony was Tony Kornheiser?

9. Mizzougrad96

TK is a bleeding heart liberal.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It was a statement that an even-handed, calm voice like Russert is gone, and a raging, demagogic voice like Limbaugh's, and surely by implication, the other raging voices in radioland, are still out there. And that is an anti-conservative cartoon because the right owns the raging talk radio cohort.

The cartoon did NOT say that Limbaugh should have been offed. Subtley. Learn it. Love it.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Showing the left for what it is may seem like fail to you, but then the truth generally hurts your side in debate, so I can understand your problem.

The left claims to be the "tolerant" side. Like I said, not a one of you has denounced the cartoonist or the cartoon. And it says all anyone needs to know.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wouldn't "tolerant" people generally tolerate opinions they don't necessarily agree with?

So wouldn't "tolerant" people generally believe in free speech and be less likely to run around denouncing someone for exercising their Constitutional rights?

So by not denouncing the cartoonist we have proved to be tolerant. Hooray for lefties!

Draft saved Draft deleted