1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Kornheiser

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When you ride do you ever ride down middle of road talking to fellow cyclist?

How do you handle single lane highway - do you hug side of road so cars can pass or do you ride right down the middle?

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Or Lance is over-reacting, who knows. Instead of tweeting his ass off, Lance should make a call to Kornheiser and ask him to clarify what he said.

Hannah Storm did.

Other than that, everyone and their brittany spaniel knows that Tony doesn't give a shit about anyone's feelings and is going to say what he thinks. If Lance didn't understand then, he knows now.

3. I don't think Lance is the only one over-reacting ...
    (Insert lighten up Francis comment)

Sweet Tebow. ...

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Serious business? Outside of a few elite athletes who make it their livelihood, cycling is a liesure activity. When it starts affecting the economy and national defense, let me know.

The reality is that shitty cyclists, like shitty drivers, are dangerous to those they share the road with. But I highly doubt anyone who makes cycling-related jokes advocates the killing of cyclists, and I doubt that Kornheiser's comments will lead to a rash of such crimes.

LTFU, people.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Are you serious? I was simply stating that it's obviously a touchy subject for some people. Simple as that. Don't like it? Hit the button and move along.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think he means navigating a bicycle down a roadway you are sharing with 2,000-pound vehicles going 30 mph faster than you is serious business.

But if you want to leisurely unicycle blindfolded down Broadway, be my guest.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sonnster,

You don't win a "touchy" jibe by being touchy.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now UNICYCLING is serious business. No handlebars!

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Meh. Ok.

Hey IJAG. You wanna ride a tandem down Constitution Ave this weekend?

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'll sit in the back so you can do all the work and I can suntan.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Exactly, he was playing the part of the entitled crotchety old man. The same person who complains when he doesn't get VIP parking or free food. If you listened to the podcast/radio show, you didn't even think twice. Just like the Hannah Storm stuff was excactly what he said about a series of female and male TV personalities who popped up on the TVs in his studio.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The worst kind of person to put up with. Whether it's at a dinner party or on the radio.

Seems like another high-profile ESPN personality is becoming unmanageable. Shocker.

Draft saved Draft deleted