1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Kornheiser

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 18, 2010.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He didn't tweet it. He said it on the radio, and someone took it out of context and tweeted that Tony says cyclists should be run down.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Another Sonner dustup followed by another Sonner declaration: "Gee, you're really touchy."

Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Dodging, and sometimes getting hit by motor vehicles, is part of the sport.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Gee, you're really touchy, Luggy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sonner's right, though. Kornheiser wasn't talking about all cyclists. He was talking about the ones with no regard for the laws or their place on the road.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think any cyclists technically follow the laws -- and that includes the 5-year-old with training wheels on the sidewalk.

I only get mad at them when they do something dumb. Not when they are just going slow on the right hand side.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He was talking, I believe (though i was doing something else at the time I heard the clip) of bikers riding 3-4 wide in the street.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Oh, it's their right. I understand the appeal of the open road, wind-in-hair, blah blah blah.

But if they crash into my car, it won't be my brain scattered all over the street.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

It is their right to not wear one. A cyclist could say the same.

It's called choice.

It may be stupid but it's their choice unless the government dictates otherwise.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Government mandates: Helmet: no. Health care: See previous mandate.

11. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

I guess there are probably some cyclists who think "they own the road," but I haven't seen them. The ones I see around here follow the rules. The occasional time I ride I am extremely attentive to the rules and to cars and everything else around me. Cycling is serious business and should be treated as such. Some of you guys on here are making yourselves look really stupid by joking about this subject or even pretending to joke about it.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

New Jersey mandate: Helmet, yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted