1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Kornheiser

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 18, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh my God. Did the Nats get no-hit last night or something?

2. JackReacher

Nah. Pretty sure I've never hit a person with my car. Never even tried, actually, now that I think about it.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Your flip-ness really presents you in a bad light - and this is coming from a person who considers himself a good friend of yours.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

and quite a few are caused by reckless cyclists.

5. JackReacher

Jesus. Ok. Let me set the record straight. Do I see bikers on the road all the time? Yes. Do they annoy me when they don't follow their own rules? Yes. Would I ever -- EVER -- intentionally hit one? Of course not. Do we often talk about it at work and do I sometimes joke with them about them getting sideswiped by someone out there if they aren't careful? Yes. If that makes me a bad person, well, then....

I'm really sorry some of you have seen people being hit by a car, or know of someone who has been hit by a car. It's a terrible, terrible thing.

6. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Yes.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Why do I feel like ramming Sonner with my bike?

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

How dare you you take this serious topic lightly.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This morning 5:30 am still dark. Stopped at traffic light with left turn signal on. Light changes and I start my turn, out of corner of my left eye see something flash by- 2 cyclists passing me and making turn- Luckily I saw them and slammed on brakes. They shake their fists at me.

Cyclists need to start following road rules.

10. JackReacher

It's obviously a very touchy topic for some. Lesson learned.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sorry. I realize I'm a bit over the top on this one (and some others). It just bothers me, even considering the asshole level of some cyclists.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

Ain't no thing. Next time you treat us both to some wings at Nats Park, I'll just know what not to joke about.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted