1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Kornheiser

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Interesting tweet, anyone know more? If true, it isn't good:

dcsportsbog RT @lancearmstrong: Tony Kornheiser on cyclists on the road, "run 'em down". Really? Big mistake, Tony.

Did Tony really say it??

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yeah, Lance is blasting him on Twitter. I don't even follow Lance Armstrong on there and his Tweets are all over my screen thanks to retweeting!

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Is he going to run the first leg of the Tour de France in sausage casing and red boots?

4. Doesn't Tony end every radio broadcast with "If you're out on your bike tonight, please wear white?" Without hearing what he said today, it would seem obvious he was either a: kidding or b: taken out of context.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to know exactly what was said and I hope if this is true, it was taken totally out of context.
    Otherwise it is reprehensible. And not funny in any way.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Look here:

http://blogs.liverpoolecho.co.uk/acyclistslife/2010/03/talkshow-host-tony-kornheiser.html

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm sure he was completely serious and truly wants all of us to get in our cars right now and run over some cyclists.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Anybody else think Kornheiser has long ago outlived his usefullness and should just go away for good?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's not funny because a lot of people actually get so pissed off at cyclists that they do run them over or at least run them off the road.

I don't get the cycling road rage. Chill.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was with a friend several years back and there was a cyclist on the hill we were going up and we were going about 10 MPH because the prick was in the middle of the road. My friend screamed out the window, "You know if I hit you, I'll win..."

People need to get a sense of humor, TK was just joking. Seriously get a grip.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Lots of people bike to work in the DC area. Do lots of them ignore the bike paths and ride in the road? Yes. And is it annoying to no end? Yes. Would I like to run them down? Maybe. :)

This discussion happens weekly in my office.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Jesus, are people just going to peck away at his show now and demand an apology for everything that comes out of his mouth?

He was kidding. It was a joke, tied in to his long-standing mockery of people who cross-country ski through his neighborhood in the winter. Anyone who listens to his show would get that reference, and if you don't listen you wouldn't have heard it anyway.

I like Lance, but Lance should shut the fuck up.

Draft saved Draft deleted