1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MORE iTunes/iPhones questions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Forgive me for being heat-beaten lazy right now to search the countless other threads: My non-iTunes tunes? They ain't making the trip to my new iPhone, are they? Is there some way that doesn't involve something complicated.

And by complicated, I mean more complicated than click and drag.

First person who says, "I found the answer in .0000384 seconds on google" gets my sweaty boxers stuffed down their throat. SJ is my google. I trust the people more here.

So save yer bullshit and save my tunes. We thank you.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Moddy - depends on what you mean by "non iTunes tunes."

If you mean songs you did not buy from the iTunes store, it doesn't matter. You can play songs in nearly all formats in iTunes.

You will have to upload all those songs to your iPhone to play them, but just about any kind of music file you have can be played in iTunes.

3. Moderator1

Thanks - how do I get them there? I plugged the phone in and called up my Rhapsody and it didn't show the phone under devices. Should I do it straight off the "mymusic" file?

I am way too dumb for this stuff.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Import the Rhapsody songs into iTunes and use iTunes tonsync. Did you buy the music or do you just have a subscription?

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm getting an iPhone on Monday. First foray into smartphone world. I'll give you a run on the dumb meter.

6. PCLoadLetter

When you plug the iPhone into your computer, go to iTunes on the computer. On the left side of iTunes there is a column, and your iPhone should appear there under the heading "Devices."

Click on the listing for your iPhone, and it should bring up a screen for managing what you put on the phone. Across the top it says "summary," "apps," "music," "movies," etc.

Click on "music." From there, it's fairly self-explanatory. You can choose to synch everything you have on iTunes to your phone, or you can pick and choose which songs/albums/playlists will by synced. Once you've selected what you want to sync, click "apply" or "sync" in the lower right hand corner, and you're in business.

By the way, great resource for all Apple gadgets: check out www.ilounge.com. They have great reviews and how-tos.

7. PCLoadLetter

And yeah, to piggyback on what Stitch said -- you've got to get stuff into iTunes on your computer first.

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Anyone getting a Virgin Mobile iPhone?

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Looked into it but read mixed reviews about their customer service (granted, people with bad experiences are much more motivated to post reviews). I've been with Verizon forever and know I'm probably paying too much, but I've never had one problem.

10. Moderator1

I got a bunch of stuff from iTunes to the phone - music and some apps I wanted on here. I'm just trying to figure how to get my Rhapsody music into iTunes. It is purchased or stuff I loaded on there.

11. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

Assuming your Rhapsody music is on your computer, Moddy, go into iTunes, click on file at the top lefthand corner of the screen and select "add folder to library."

Find the folder where your music is located -- it is somewhere on your computer's C drive and usually labeled "My Music" on a Windows machine -- then highlight the desired folder, click "select folder" and everything should load into your iTunes library in a matter of minutes.

Easy peasy ... even for an old guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted