1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More (internal) OSU football fallout?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 15, 2011.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

All the fuckin shit going on in that department and Tressel's having a shit fit over a quarterback being made available to the media?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Instant change in the OSU SID department? No problem, it's a Snapp...

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I saw this on the transaction wire on Saturday and thought the same thing. Yeah, it's her fault he's a lying piece of crap who got busted.

4. mb

mb Active Member

"I just hope he doesn't fire me."

Yeah, that decision has already been made.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Too bad people actually root for a guy like Tressel. Exposed liar. I hope he ends up coaching his grandson's Pop Warner team when he's out of collegiate sports in a couple of years and some parents start yelling at him because his play calling is too conservative.

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Exactly. It would be great for the OSU administration to show some balls but I'll believe it when I see it.

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

In interest of full disclosure, if there is any ex-player that has an ax to grind against Ohio State and Jim Tressel it is Ray Small. Small's father once went as far as to say Tressel is willfully tryiing to sabotage his son's future professional playing career. Small was such a fuck-up that Tressel even left him off the spring practice roster before the 2009 season and made him earn his way back on the team...this despite Small leading the Big Ten in punt returning the previous season. I could see Small looking for some payback by making Tressel's life a little more uncomfortable.

9. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Small says reporter twisted his words: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6600920

Newspaper posts audio of interview: http://www.thelantern.com/campus/audio-from-ray-small-s-interview-with-the-lantern-1.2256833

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Gambling and organized crime connections lurking in the distance?

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How Tressel remains as HC is hard to rationalize. Wonder if the Feds have a case against Tressel for interfering with their investigation. Many more shoes to drop in this one.

Wonder if the players reported memorabilia profits on their tax returns.

12. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

That was decided earlier this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted