1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Hoosier hoops entertainment

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GuessWho, May 2, 2008.

1. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

“The conversation was very cordial,” Crean said. “But unfortunately, it just didn’t end that way.”

(Gee, ya think?)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080502/SPORTS0601/805020456/1004/SPORTS

IU Police Department officers were dispatched to Assembly Hall on Thursday afternoon after freshman basketball player Eli Holman threw a potted plant and created a disturbance in the men’s basketball office, IUPD Capt. Jerry Minger said, reading from a police report.

The incident occurred shortly after Holman told IU coach Tom Crean he will not return to the team next season, Crean said.

“The conversation was very cordial,” Crean said. “But unfortunately, it just didn’t end that way.”

2. Jesus.
    Only Coach Knight's allowed to throw vases in that office, dammit.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I'm sure Crean was the model of a gentleman in that conversation.

Douchebag.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Sorry... thought maybe this was the Kantor YouTube thread.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was thinking when it moved last night. I wonder what gasoline Crean threw on the fire to get that going?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So ... the conversation did not end well?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So the conversation was ok at first but then it went too far?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure the phrase "my way or the highway" made an early appearance.

Although I agree from reputation and personal contact Crean is a certified knob, now's the time for him to clean out the collection of derelicts and delinquents Sampson had assembled in Bloomington.

9. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

On a related noted, Kelvin Samsung (as his non-fans call him) is apparently a Bucks' assistant.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gYkDdRZPzejOb1udM5xt7uKbCcVQD90DMFC00

Draft saved Draft deleted