1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More geography quiz fun...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

92%, 7 miles, 292 seconds

2. KP

KP Active Member

96%, 9 miles started off with Wyoming, put it too far west that whacked me for 369 right off the top. i missed nebraska by about 100 miles (north).

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The whole key to this is hitting refresh until you at least get a good starting state.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

First time through, 90%, 13 miles error and 425 seconds. Confused Colorado for Wyoming.
    Second time -- 98%, 2 miles of error and 322 seconds. Only state I wasn't perfect on was Iowa. And my first two states were Florida and Tennessee. God, I'm a nerd.

I should take the time to mention, though, that as a kid one of my favorite toys was a wooden state map jigsaw puzzle. It was like taking a vacation in my living room.

5. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

96 percent, 2 misses, average of 3 miles off in 222 seconds. Missed Colorado (first state) and Alabama (slightly too far East on the first try).

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

98 percent bitches. Off by just a few miles on Nebraska, my first state.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

88 percent w/an average error of 21 miles. Had Texas first, which is incredibly impossible to screw up, and nailed South Dakota next, which I was impressed with. But I screwed up Iowa, West Virginia, Utah and, of course, Wyoming. I think I also got Missouri wrong.

8. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

96 percent, 2 miles, 294 seconds

Missed on Nebraska and Iowa

9. SnoopyBoy

SnoopyBoy Member

98 percent, 16 miles, and that's because I missed Iowa by 485 miles. 47 of 50 states perfect.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

:D

Seriously, though, I know what you mean. When I got Montana and Tennessee right as my first two, I thought that might be as bad as it got. And then came Kansas -- I missed by three fricking miles, so 98 percent in 302 seconds.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

94 percent... 47 of 50, with an average error of 5 miles... I think I was off one state by 70 miles at the beginning.

Colorado isn't that difficult a first state to place if you know it's one of the four states which meet in the west, with New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Unless you don't have any of the other three, of course, or other border states.

Draft saved Draft deleted