1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Fun from Missouri ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Jan 5, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Good thing we have a "right to privacy" in this country. Amirite?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't think this invades privacy. It would require the cops to list their impressions of the people they stop.

But that would involved the cops having gaydar and being honest, that they are stopping all minorities or something.

Sounds like a good idea but a bad law.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Terrible law. Not even really a good idea. Good intent, maybe, but this is idiotic. If a cop asks me if I'm straight or gay or what my religion is, my answer is "None of your damn business."

5. TeamBud

TeamBud Member

The obvious answer is not to leave it up to the cops. Hire trained evaluators to ride along in every patrol car. They can be trained and rated on how good their gayday, gen-dar and god-dar are at evaluating sexual orientation, gender identification, and religion.

Ace likes this.
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Why not include sexual orientation on driver's licenses and state issued ID cards so they don't have to ask or guess?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Screw it, let's just tattoo it next to their state-issued ID number on their forearms!

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And maybe there is a way to indicate what religion a person is. Like if you are Jewish maybe there is a symbol you could wear.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's like an idea you think is good for maybe five seconds until you think through the mechanics of how it would work and realize it's dumb. And that's the kindest spin I can imagine.

Ace likes this.
  10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It'll be necessary under President Trump, because Muslims will not be allowed to drive

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Unless they're having homosex while they're driving, or while blocking a crowded intersection, how is sexual orientation any of the cops' business?

Same for religion. And disability - disabled people drive all the time without incident.

I could maybe see language skills being relevant to obeying street signs.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

When good ideas go Hitler.

Draft saved Draft deleted