1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More from J. Todd Foster

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 17, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was answering JC's probably rhetorical question about whether taking a piss in public is a big deal. To me it's not, but anytime your private parts are involved things can get real messy.

2. writingump

writingump Member

In sort of a related item, I'm watching the Braves and Reds right now and Mike Leake is pitching for Cincinnati.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Jim. I respect what you have written. I have had dealings with him. I'll stand by what I have written and it's nothing personal.

4. I read the first story about this a week or two ago, and it said no reporter saw it but several other players later told the reporter who did it. But those kids asked not to be named, and they agreed.

So they're OK with using anonymous sources but they insist on naming the kid who peed during the national anthem? It's hard for me to believe someone's taking the high road or believe that they think they're doing a public service when they cut other ethical corners.

5. writingump

writingump Member

No matter what you want to say about winning the Pulitzer (and it does count for quite a bit, I'll admit), you also have to remember this is the same guy who hired Jim Cnockaert. And given how that ended, that counts for about as much as the Pulitzer.

Draft saved Draft deleted