1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Fresno jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Robert Zizzo, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Cougchick00

Cougchick00 New Member

Does anyone know if the sports design/copy editing position was filled?

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Don't know, but the Bee has been slow to take the filled positions off its own web site.

3. Claws for Concern

Update on Fresno Bee jobs. McClatchey's web site now has the football and copy editor/designer listings only for the paper. It was changed as of Sept. 13.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

5. Snoopdog

Snoopdog New Member

Just to clarify for all....the football position has been filled with an in-house candidate....his previous position was backing up the football and basketball writers...and general assignment. His former position has not been posted as far as I know. The reporting position that is open would be for preps and colleges with other coverage possibilities.

Gary did land the basketball position.

Enterprise reporter position was also filled by someone in-house who moved over from news.

The copy editing position has not received that many resumes, the desk is looking to get someone in here ASAP, preferably someone that's been a jack-of-all-trades elsewhere since the position calls for rimming and designing.

That's your update for now.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Much appreciated, Snoop.

7. Claws for Concern

I figured the football gig was going to be done in-house with Fresno State's season a few weeks old. Appreciate the update, Snoop.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

we'll all be here on the college edge of our seat.

9. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I'm curious about this....is the GA-ish position still open/accepting applications? I know the desk position was filled. Anyone? PM me or reply here...I'm very interested. Thanks.

in regards to the above, I meant the GA spot mentioned here as possibly being open:

10. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

I know a lot of people who know Zizzo (former Vegas Sun guy). From what they tell me, there's a lot of disarray there but that he's awesome to work for.

11. JME

JME Member

I believe the backup/GA job was filled by a reporter from the Washington Post.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

There's a post screaming for more information.

Draft saved Draft deleted