1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More DMN updates

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Sep 14, 2006.

1. I believe that Calvin Watkins, who had covered SMU, is moving to the Cowboys beat replacing Jacques Taylor. Hadn't heard anything about Whitmire.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Archer out?

3. Backing up Archer.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Keith Whitmire is off the Big 12 beat, now covering preps. Tim McMahon, formerly preps writer, covering Big 12. Deck chairs ... Titanic... etc.

5. Off the Big 12 beat and going to preps? Damn, that's gotta hurt.

6. zman82

zman82 Member

i assume whitmire is now looking for a new job. wow.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This was the news I was waiting for someone else to spill.

Good for T-Mac. Sucks that it had to happen this way, though.

Whitmire is soooo outta there.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I heard he is awful anyway.

9. batts

batts Member

This isn't the first time Whitmire has been demoted is it?

10. If it's true Keith was going to be demoted off the Big 12 beat, it sucks that his editors didn't man up before the buyout so he could make an informed decision. Shows just how slimy that place has gotten. He's a solid reporter and writer and deserved better.

MacMahon had been high-profile on their preps coverage, so his elevation was just a matter of time. But a word to the wise, Tim -- watch your back, because nobody in that shop stays the fair-haired boy (or girl) forever.

11. standman

standman Member

Lone Star:

You are so right. But Keith is a Dallas guy, so I doubt he leaves. Plus, it's possible to come back after being demoted. Yates was once demoted to a desk guy... and look where he is now.

12. Guess that explains why he acts the way he does, Standman. But who is he trying to get even with?

Draft saved Draft deleted