1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More details about Tiger than we really wanted to know

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If that's true, sounds like Gloria Allred did a great job.

And I bet Tiger wishes he had that money back.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Or Rachel

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Major difference is that Vanity Fair has reputable writers and have credibility built up over the years.

The National Enquirer? Not so much, unless you don't count the John Edwards mess.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Agreed on all points. If he wants to golf, fine, it's not going to make me batty. What Cosmo said is what still fucks with me about Tiger. He put on a front, played everyone for fools, and we're to automatically forgive him with open arms? My arms are closed.

I'm not going to protest him going back out there because people want to see him play golf. I hope that those who are quick to go "I don't care about what he did to his wife, I want to see him golf" keep a little nugget in the back of their minds: if you're going to cheat, find someone who'll keep their fucking mouth shut. Tiger put himself in this shit.

Let him find the shovel to dig himself out. Only a stupid motherfucker will give him one and help him.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That was money well spent

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Someone help me with this. I was out of town yesterday and somewhat rushing to get out of my hotel room. Ann Curry had the author of this story on and she sounded somewhat pissed in her questioning. She didn't seem to believe a word of what the guy's sources had to say. Or I misheard it because I was only half paying attention.

Did anyone else hear Ann's interview?

Anyone who thinks this Tiger story is going to go away or quiet down is dumb as they come. We ain't heard shit yet.

Some of his "people" TW has been trying to protect are going to be ducking for cover soon as it becomes more and more clear that they not only knew, they helped.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Jonathon Byrd's going to lose scholarships and recruiting visits for this one.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Gotcha. And even though I'm rooting for him, it's really hard to disagree with any of your points.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So she's t
    HEY RACHEELLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Well, his kindergarten teacher isn't about to take a fall for him.

From: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/entertainment/celebrity/Tigers-Kindergarten-Teacher-to-Talk-89768612.html

11. WTF?
    I am trying to make sense of this?

Why is this teacher holding a presser now? The fucking story was written four years ago.

This is proof of what? That Tiger is lying? Well No shit. I think we already knew that.

Tebow.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I don't think the story's going away; it'll still be written about as more information comes out. But I think it's basically already died down, as far as getting people's attention (look at the tabloids; there's nothing on Tiger anymore. TMZ, radaronline, still have stuff, of course). The text messages released by James two weeks ago were much more salacious than anything that had come out in a few months, after the initial stampede of lovely ladies. He talked about choking and golden showers, for god's sake.

Yet for the most part, the messages were greeted with a shrug, a smirk, a quick "holy shit," and then everyone moved on. The Vanity Fair story, however interesting, is basically more of the same. People can no longer be shocked. It's like if you heard Tyson did something crazy (copyright Bill Simmons). You're interested, repulsed, whatever, but then basically it's, oh, yeah, makes sense there'd be tampons involved.

These stories do die down. They do go away (remember when Letterman's sex scandal was the biggest story in the country? A whole six months ago?).

Maybe we'll hear about Steinberg trolling Craigslist or Notah Begay picking up ladies at a Pro-Am. Unless there's...I don't know, an abortion involved, I think it will all be met the same way all the stories have been met the last two months or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted