1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More cuts in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HackyMcHack, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Jay Stone

Jay Stone New Member

Wow, it's nice to be remembered and unforgotten, given the other names up there. I appreciate the kindness. I'm sure the bulk of this group will land on its feet.

2. KG

KG Active Member

The distribution-area cuts will result in 107 full- and part-time job cuts in circulation, the paper said.

About a third of those cuts will be in my county, and it's not even one of the counties that will no longer be delivering. The remaining staff will have to pick up the extra work.

3. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Jay, good to see ya. I know you had backed off from being quite as active a little while back, but your work was always solid, and I know you were an invaluable part of the preps staff there. Really sorry to see you go. Best of luck to land on your feet somewhere.

4. I wish the best to my former co-workers who are considering the buyout, or what's next (layoffs) if not enough folks step up. It's not easy staying .... and not easy going.

And a shout out to so many great part-timers there. Michelle Wilson, Todd Holcomb et al ... you are true professionals.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I have a strong feeling that there will be more slashing and burning at the AJC after this round. Obviously the new publisher has been brought in to do one thing - trim the staff by any means necessary.

7. Ronnie Ramos

Ronnie Ramos New Member

During these incredibly hard times, I wanted to echo the sentiments of many on this thread and applaud the work, dedication and professionalism of all the AJC sports part-timers I had the privilege to work with. They handled this week with tremendous class. They have a life-long advocate and admirer.

Draft saved Draft deleted