1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Theater for some. Others really buy into it. It’s awful

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’ve never heard of this Allison Williams person.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Get in line! I love Panda Express. I'd be eating a bowl lunch every day of chow mien and the chicken with string beans.:)

playthrough and PaperClip529 like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Until now ... in my case.

5. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Wasn’t she the one who got “ass motor-boated” on the show Girls?

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Same name, different person

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Most of this is behind Strausseses pay wall.

Screenshot_20211024-144153_Samsung Internet.jpg

Funny HoS exclusive, here. A packet of documents was leaked to me, along with confirmation that top ESPN NBA newsbreaker Adrian Wojnarowski sends them to agents and NBA team employees, as part of a personal campaign. The PowerPoint slides contain a thorough social media analysis with a myriad of metrics designed to index Wojnarowski’s power against his peers, including his ESPN colleagues. The documents include claims like, “he is the undisputed top NBA media talent in the business,” and “His combined reach of 7.0M followers across Twitter, Instagram and Facebook is more than every other NBA media personality from the below comp set.”

These packets have been sent out to potential sources, presumably to argue why one should leak news to Wojnarowski versus sending news to his rivals. Though the packets feature the ESPN logo on each slide, suggesting ESPN documents, my sources tell me that ESPN did not create Wojnarowski's self-aggrandizing dossier. Beyond that, ESPN had no knowledge of Wojnarowski sending out these documents that imply the company’s imprimatur. Note the ESPN insignia in the upper right hand corner of the slide featured below.

I do happen to know who created the documents, though, and the name of that organization isn’t listed anywhere in the packet. I’ll get into why I believe these true origins were intentionally hidden from recipients. ...

Why is Adrian Wojnarowski Sending Out a Social Media Résumé?

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Wow. Someone send Strauss the Pulitzer.

Songbird likes this.
  11. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Brilliant move if you ask me

12. Funny to see unsuspecting Bill Simmons catch a stray, as no one in the world probably noticed he lost 100K followers before this leak.

Draft saved Draft deleted