1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I like Lester, but he gets taken down a notch by being on the same network as that anal wart with hair, Chuck Todd.

Liut likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that, most of these people, if they just got the shots, would suddenly be going, "Is that it? Geez, what was I thinking?"

They're making the act of getting vaccinated so much a bigger deal than it is.

playthrough, Alma, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But the microchips! G5! Tracking software! Eff the libruls.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Aren't most sideline reporters pretty much paid by the game? Shoot if they're makeing the hosts and big names take haircuts, I imagine someone who may contribute a feature, maybe a campus report and a sideline a week isn't pulling in big money. Not like she was making a huge sacrifice - perhaps lead sports anchor money at an SEC college town.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Correct. There's a resistance to it that is rooted way more in spite than reasoned thought.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We're months past the point of legitimate moral, medical or scientific objection to the vaccine. *

This is political theater.

*I attach the necessary caveats about risks and side-effects in a very small number of individuals; as well as the demurrals about long-term outcomes.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Imagine thinking anyone cares enough about where you work that you feel the need to make a five fucking minute video announcing your decision to leave.

Even the famous Allison Williams isn’t close to famous enough have anyone care, and this one is not the famous Allison Williams.

You read a Facebook post about how the vax makes people infertile? Great. Quit your job. I saw a Panda Express in Des Moines offering $23 an hour. That’ll be much better for your womb. Good luck. Don’t miss the butter cow at the fair.

matt_garth and sgreenwell like this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

$23 an hour plus free meals? I'M HIRED!

HanSenSE, sgreenwell and TigerVols like this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

All the crab, er, cream cheese rangoon you can eat!

Draft saved Draft deleted