1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Good. Bye.

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sigh. It was an observation. I felt for the guy reading it.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

And a freshman at USC also. My son was admitted at USC. I thank god that he decided to go in-state to Virginia.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  6. sportsfan22

sportsfan22 New Member

She's actually fairly well known. Been there forever. For years, she did sideline reporting on low-profile college football and basketball games. She actually has been bumped up to more important games the last 3 years or so, doing the ACC basketball tournament and higher profile college football games. She likely was in consideration for Maria Taylor's sideline job before Holly Rowe got it.

As far as sideline reporters go, I actually think she's pretty good. She asks good questions and doesn't giggle like a schoolgirl at the answers she gets. So this is bad timing for her career, but maybe she doesn't need the money. Story said it was a fertility fear, as she's trying for a second child.

7. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I never cared for Kenny Mayne on air. I didn’t think he was as funny as he seemed to think he was.

But that was a really good story, and it softened my opinion of him quite a bit. I hope Kenny has success in his second act.

FileNotFound and Tighthead like this.
  9. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Well, she's putting her money where her mouth/principles are, that's for sure, and, at least. But then, she can afford to do so, too, I'm sure.

I do have to wonder what she thinks of this paragraph in that story, and what conflicting or uncertain information she may be getting to the contrary:

The CDC encourages all pregnant people or people who are thinking about becoming pregnant and those breastfeeding to get vaccinated to protect themselves from Covid-19, and notes that the vaccines have been deemed safe and effective while warning that severe outcomes from Covid-19 have been documented among unvaccinated pregnant people.

I mean, she must realize that, whatever her doctor is telling her is probably being tempered by doctors' usual practice of leaving such decisions up to the patient. Or, do you think her doctor really thinks the vaccination may negatively impact any pregnancy/developing fetus?

SFIND likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Allison Williams the sideline reporter is the equivalent of a jobber on the old pro wrestling circuit.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The Bristol Brawler

Sports Barf and sgreenwell like this.
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For all the attention the Maria Taylor situation brought up - what was kind of lost was that she became the rare sideline reporter to move on to bigger things. Erin Andrews had a short run hosting Fox's college football pregame, but that didn't last and now she's back doing NFL sideline stuff and I think that's pretty much it.

Draft saved Draft deleted