1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Somewhat odd to me - Russillo re-upped with ESPN, but he's also going to be doing a podcast on the Ringer on Tuesday nights, to talk college and pro football. He has a relationship with Simmons, so maybe it was a condition to keep him happy / ESPN. But ESPN kind of, sort of has a podcast network of its own, too. (I say kind of, sort of, since right now it seems like it is just Zach Lowe, Bill Barnwell and Cheap Heat that comes through on the feed I'm on.)

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Russillo always seems exhausted being burdened with how much smarter he is about sports than anyone else.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Interesting note from Richard Deitsch to keep an eye on the fate of The Undefeated. Jemele Hill made only a brief stop there. Lisa Bell Wilson recently left for The Athletic. Mike Wise left The Undefeated, too. My guess is that ESPN will simply merge some of the better writers and content into the main ESPN site.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't think I've seen a name more often misspelled than Jemele's. It's not that hard. One of every consonant, the same vowel for each. Like Canada.

Ta-da!

5. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Fair enough; fixed.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Thanks! You just happened to be the 27th person to write it wrong here. Nothing personal and no offence meant. #smallfixes

Fran Curci likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Where is Beadle going?

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Staying with the network but hosting NBA stuff, based in Los Angeles.

TigerVols likes this.
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It was one of you two - either TigerVols or PCLoadLetter, who said that Greeney, Beadle and Rose was the right combination. Which one was it? Fess up.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I can't stand Greeny so I doubt it was me.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I didn't say that. Mostly I defended the salaries they are being paid and added this:

And I'll pretty much stand by that. I don't think the talent is the major issue, and I don't think dropping Beadle is going to help in the slightest. I think the problem is that no one wants to watch a sports version of a morning show.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Speaking only for myself, I haven't watched any ESPN programming except live events for at least two years. I don't believe I'm alone. I'm tired of the hot take universe.

Draft saved Draft deleted