1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I like her, but I don't see how she stays on the show if she sticks to that. These shows are too vapid to have a full-time heel on the set. Though I'd sure be more likely to watch if they did.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We're missing ESPN'S obvious move: The Michelle Beadle/Jemele Hill Show.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

The Beadle thing is interesting to me, because for years, on Jalen and Jacoby they've made it a point that they wouldn't press or stretch football topics in the off-season, especially with the "Keep It Moving" segment. Meaning, it has largely been free of shit like endless speculation on Tebow and Romo's playing statuses, Johnny Manziel stories, how guys look in training camp, etc.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Baseball perhaps. These shows talk about the game so rarely that you might make the case that such a comment would blow over. But you can’t retain credibility if you are discussing something you say you don’t watch. And the NFL and NBA are the only things those shows talk about.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I'm hoping this is a case of Michelle wanting to return to LA and her love of basketball, and completely understand if she was simply exhausted from dealing with braying misogynists on social media 24/7. Because they're like cockroaches -- everywhere, and impossible to ignore.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Obviously, Beadle knew what was coming when she said it.

It's a win for her and for ESPN. She escapes something that wasn't working for her...and lands in a great spot.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yep. Might even be why she said it.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How she gonna worry about football when the president is a racist?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jemelle Hill takes buy out and is gone from ESPN as of 9-1.

She was a lousy fit at ESPN. She may have been a reporter once upon a time, but she’s wants to be the story, not write one.

Sports Barf likes this.
  10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Oh, no...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I take a Benadryl and a shot of tequila to help sleep in times like these.

cjericho likes this.
  12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Just don’t graduate to the big fucking Q.

exmediahack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted