1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More crazee in Georgia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by secretariat, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Strom Thurmond ran on the States Rights ticket in 1948 because he didn't want the federal government to impinge on his right to someday marry a beauty queen a half-century his junior

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And as to the Harlem fun with the quote function, I guarantee Harlem is more enlightened than Oglethorpe County. And OK, YF, I'm trying to wrap my mind around this, so enlighten me. Why the holy fuck are you at best minimizing and at worst defending a meeting that clearly made light of a threat against the president? Don't look for the equivalent thing that happened with a politician on the left. It doesn't exist.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I will argue this - I think voting patterns have as much to do with population density as anything. (cue joke about some populations being more dense than others.
    The GOP is generally stronger in areas with lower population density, the Dems in higher density areas. Now I don't know if they are Republicans because they live in the country or they live in the country because they are Republicans and the same goes for the Dems - but I do think what we look for in a living environment correlates to individual values and perceived acceptance.

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Or his right to rail against integration in public while practicing it in the bedroom.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I must say it is fascinating learning about how the South works from a guy called YankeeFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.