1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More corporate hossheet

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 4, 2008.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

[​IMG]

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
    Bob Slydell: Great.
    Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.
    Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
    Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

This is the kicker ... that they'll spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to trim comparative nickels and dimes.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I'm sure in the spirit of cutbacks and belt-tightening, those consultants will be staying at Motel 6 and eating at the nearby Taco Bell.

4. They called our latest cuts "rightsizing"

It's so much more fun when they give it a cute name.

5. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

This would be more appropriate than the letter.

[​IMG]

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I think I'd have to rightsize my foot to the ass of anyone who tried to use that word around me.

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"Project Catalyst": from the wordsmiths that brought you "Spygate"

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to mention: "Tom-Kat"

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

"I want to personally ask each of you for your help and support of Project Catalyst."

By taking our buyout offers .... or promptly leaving when you're fired. Nothing to see here!

10. healingman

healingman Guest

Oooh, goody!! Corporate goons in charge.

Wow.

I bet if you asked one of these ya-yas, "Have you been introduced to my pica pole?" they would say "No." Thusly ... well, you draw your own conclusion.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Look, they're giving 90 days advance notice for anyone with a brain to have their resume circulating. Compared with most media chains anymore, that's downright humane.

Draft saved Draft deleted