1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More cheaters exposed ... Matt Williams?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

NSFW!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Williams said he only used it in 2002 but we all know we can't trust any MLB players on PED's.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Far be it from me to introduce facts to support any Giant, but:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/willima04.shtml

In his first full season, Williams went 33 and 122 in 1990, then 34 and 98 the following year. He had a mediocre season in 1992, but that whole Giants lineup caught fire in 1993. I think even Kirt Manwaring flirted with .300 for much of the year. And it wasn't because of Bonds and roids since all reports are that if Barry did the roids, he started in the late 1990s. No, Bonds just lifted that whole lineup that season. They raked like madmen.

Like every other slugger, Williams' numbers in 1994 were spiked in a year that prompted plenty of "juiced ball" talk.

There is no smoking gun there, though his numbers for the 1999 Diamondbacks (35 homers, 142 RBI at the age of 34) give one pause.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Ismael Valdes is named in the story as well, for crying out loud. We are way past the point of looking at spikes in stats to help determine if players are using PEDs. They pretty much all are. JMO.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I call those Bisquick titties.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Careful with links like those ... she was only 17 when they filmed that movie.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So was Thora Birch in American Beauty.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sadly, Matt Williams being linked to performance-enhancing drugs doesn't surprise me. Anyone from the late 1980s to mid-1990s being linked in no shocker to me -- no matter when they supposedly did them.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

What do you call those eyebrows?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

She has eyebrows?

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Those were some bushy eyebrows.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think this story set a record for most "couldn't happen to a nicer guy" comments I've heard in one day.

Draft saved Draft deleted