1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More changes coming in Newport News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

From the Pipeline, I suspect other Trib papers may be affected? Anyone knows, hit the ol' PM or post your answer here.

Newport News is essentially shipping most of its design and editing to Chicago Tribune.
    http://hamptonroads.com/2010/03/daily-press-newspaper-cut-jobs-editing-designing

Only thing I can add is that there are around 16 people on the "universal" desk. Five people on the desk that mostly handle sports.

It's not clear right now how sports folks will be affected, as that section doesn't use near as much national content (or Tribune modules) as does the news section.

Either way, looks like the desk could lose around 10 or so. Probably won't be fun to be one of the survivors.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Reading this last night I had my Sarah Connor moment from Terminator 1. The part where she looks at Reese and says, "It's never going to end, is it?"

Draft saved Draft deleted