1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Bruce US tour dates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What time does Bruce usually go on stage?

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Depending on the venue, between 8-8:15. For alot of these outdoor ampitheater/shed shows he's been playing so far this leg, he's been hitting the stage at 8. For indoor shows, where there's usually no curfew to worry about, 8:15 or so.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

When he does the BTR set in Nashville, is that a one-off thing or has he been doing that lately?

I saw Steely Dan do all of Aja a few weeks ago. Great show.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

He hasn't been doing it at all lately, but is supposed to be doing it in Chicago as well as Nashville.

5. Simon_Cowbell

3:30 straight tonight. No period off the stage.

Plus, a Born To Run spectacular.....

Jungleland
    Born To Run
    Backstreets
    Thunder Road
    Night

I had never seen Jungleland in four previous concerts.

Wow.

Best song of the night.

Clarence sounds great, but looks very frail.

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Glad you enjoyed it. I would have loved to see So Young and in Love and And Then She Kissed Me. But it sounded like a great show. Did someone get engaged or something? I figured that was what those two songs were in there for. Btw, sorry you didn't get the Wrestler.

7. Simon_Cowbell

My 13-year-old daughter was a trooper.... amazed/annoyed at Bruce's indefatigability.
    And Then She Kissed Me was wild. Nice always like seeing Silvio Dante playing a Goodfellas classic.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Is the set list already up somewhere?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy shit, they don't waste any time:

http://www.backstreets.com/setlists.html

And yeah...I couldn't believe how stationary Clarence was in May. He just did not look good at all. All he could do was stroll, very very slowly, to near the center of the stage once or twice.

10. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

1. Workin on the Highway
    2. Badlands
    3. Night
    4. Cover Me
    5. Outlaw Pete
    6. Out in the Street
    7. Workin on a Dream
    8. Sherry Darlin with a little Hava Nagila thrown in
    9. Seeds
    10. Johnny 99
    11. Factory
    12. Raise Your Hand sign collection
    13. Be True
    14. Cadillac Ranch
    15. So Young and in Love
    16. ...wait for it Sunny Day let the bitching begin
    17. Promised Land let the moaning begin
    18. Backstreets I was told no Sad Eyes
    19. Radio Nowhere
    20. Lonesome Day
    21. The Rising
    22. Born to Run
    23. THEN SHE KISSED ME sorry Jeremy
    24. Jungleland
    25. Hard Times
    26. American Land
    27. Dancin in the Dark
    28. Thunder Road

11:25 lights up

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

He's a great showman, and the L.A. shows on this tour were highly enjoyable.

I just wish that on this tour he was giving more attention to the new album. I know that among Springsteen zealots, one of the big sources of pride was the fact that he continues to release relevant music, as opposed to being like many other bands and just touring his greatest hits every couple of years.

Sure, "Working on a Dream" doesn't have the inspired passion from 9/11 or "Damn that George W. Bush!" But if they have to play the title track every night (with a blessedly short "rap" compared to that whole "Mary's Place" thing), and they want to nightly cast Outlaw Pete - a song I like - as an early-set epic tale, that's a good starting point. From there, they could squeeze three or four more good tunes, every night, from the new record. There's some enjoyable stuff on there.

Starting with "The Wrestler." "What Love Can Do", "This Life," "My Lucky Day" are all solid too.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wow, "Working On The Highway", "Sherry Darling", "Be True", "Cadillac Ranch", "Johnny 99"...man that's my kinda set list.

Gotta find a boot of this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted