1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Bruce US tour dates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jul 14, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

More tickets to the Jersey shows--including general admission tix, which I believe are SRO this time--being released today at 2 @ Ticketmaster.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm only going to one Giants Stadium show, preferring to save my money to attend 2 Philly shows and 1 or both shows at MSG.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I hope the rest of the country is enjoying this fall leg.

What's the theme?

"The Pre-Louisiana Purchase Tour"? "Visiting Major-League Baseball Towns, Circa 1957. (and the South)"

[/Bitterwestcoastgeek]

4. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Those of us in the Midwest are euphoric.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Does he EVER play Streets of Philadelphia or The Wrestler?

6. Magic In The Night

I've never seen Streets of Philly but he played The Wrestler when I saw him at Penn State earlier this year.

7. Simon_Cowbell

The Wrestler is my 13-year-old's favorite Bruce song. Trying to get her to go with me Sunday despite telling her he probably won't play it.

Though, then again, Mickey Rourke DOES live down here, doesn't he?

8. Magic In The Night

He might play it. It's so beautiful as are many of the songs off WOAD. It's so odd to me that he has basically junked all those songs and hasn't been playing any of them in the shows lately. Glad I went to some early shows this tour so I could catch a few of them. I'll be eager to see what he does on this leg. We're headed to Auburn Hills (of course) and Milwaukee and still considering Buffalo if we can get any tickets there. Can't wait!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought he was playing The Wrestler regularly on this tour. I saw him do it at Nassau Coliseum in May and I recall it being on the set list for most of the nights on that leg, though I could be wrong.

Good point on Rourke living down there. That'd be something else, if he appeared on stage for the song.

10. Simon_Cowbell

I got to check out the set lists.... It might get one of my daughters to be ... blinded by the light... and go with me.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

He was playing The Wrestler on the first leg of the tour in the US. But later in the tour he seemed to have dropped it more and more and when the tour moved to stadiums in Europe it disappeared completely from the setlist.

In the last 2-4 tours I think Philadelphia is the only place he's played Streets of Philadelphia, but I could be wrong.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

A friend forwarded this to me today -- amusing for the fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted