1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Biogenesis fallout?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 5, 2014.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

A-Rod doesn't count on the list of stars? Manny Ramirez doesn't count (twice)? Nelson Cruz?

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

He was in the Mets' system at that point.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Eh, A-Rod and Manny were second offense guys from the steroid era.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any unsupported accusations on this thread. Just a lot of speculation, mostly about guys who have already been busted. Why would I have a problem with that?

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Fart's bets:
    ---------------
    Robinson Cano
    Albert Pujols
    Chris Davis
    Edwin Encarnacion

Pick two.

7. outofplace

So much for no unsupported accusations. Then again, it's fart boy, so there is no reason to take the post seriously.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Davis doesn't have ties to south Florida, so I don't see him being involved in this case.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

You're the one pounding on your usual tin drum here.
    You're the kind of ass who would demand geologic evidence for an ancient catastrophic flood.
    I cited two guys whose power years came out of nowhere and another who can't stay on the field.

10. outofplace

Eh, what the hell. I'm bored enough to show everybody how wrong you are again.

Whose power came out of nowhere? I'm guessing Davis is one of the two. Davis always had immense power. If you knew anything about him, you would know that. His issue was never power. It was making enough contact to stay in the lineup. He was only 26 years old when he started to put it together in 2012, so still very young. There is no evidence at all to support your bet about him. Just ignorance (or intentional trolling) on your part.

Feel free to actually try to support your foolishness for once. You'll fail, but at least the attempt will be mildly amusing. Until then, I'll stick to poking holes in just the one.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

Don't flatter yourself. You couldn't debate a turnip.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Yeah, Davis' power certainly didn't come out of nowhere. Showed it at every level of the minors and in the majors when Texas brought him up the first time. Power was never the problem. Hitting for average at the major-league level was.

Encarnacion might fit into the "out of nowhere" category, I guess.

Who is the guy who can't stay on the field? Pujols? He's only played under 147 games once, and that was last year.

Draft saved Draft deleted