1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Biogenesis fallout?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Anthony Bosch and Yuri Sucart (AKA, A-Rod's cousin) were among those arrested by the Feds for distributing steroids today:

T.J. Quinn tweeted this out:

Let the speculation begin ...
  2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Please let Ryan Braun and A-Rod be on the list.
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Braun and A-Rod weren't "previously unnamed."
  4. RecoveringJournalist

True, it would nice to see Braun suspended again and for A-Rod to have his suspension last another year or so.
  5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why would the Feds do this to Bud. They could have waited a few more months.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It'll be five fringe relief pitchers and a utility infielder from Latin America. Braun's like the first white guy and one of only two stars (Melky Cabrera) caught in the last forever.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Well then obviously nobody else is doing it. The only ones doping re the ones that get caught
  8. Dick Whitman

If I recall the original post, the topic is players about to get caught.

That's who gets caught.

Your post makes a strawman argument.
  9. RecoveringJournalist

If David Ortiz is on the list, everybody will instantly forget about it.
  10. Dick Whitman

I was having a conversation with my brother at Sunday's White Sox game. What if Jose Quintana, who is only 25 years old and already pretty good, went on to win 250 games? He had a PED suspension, if I'm not mistaken, when he was very young and in the Yankees' system.
  11. RecoveringJournalist

I'm all for giving people second chances, but the lack of attention paid to Ortiz' PED past strikes me as being convenient and that pisses me off.

I've always thought it was interesting which players get the most attention during these things and which get somewhat ignored.

Sometimes it's obvious, if there is a name like Bonds or A-Rod, but there are other players who are HOF-caliber who have their presumed PED use somewhat ignored. Bagwell jumps to mind.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Oop is putting on his bat cape.
Draft saved Draft deleted