1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More bad PR looming for Kobe?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by rokski2, Jun 14, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I think when you reach to a certain level on the professional stage, it seems that players don't care about negative PR -- not that it's going through their minds anyway. In a way, I think it's a good thing. Should a person be aware of his or her surroundings no matter what they do or who they are? Yes. But not everyone is a decent person, either.

2. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

There was a lot of talk about the cell phone video which spawned this thread being bogus, but apparently it's legit:

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=323757

http://www.thekobevideo.com/

The guy just can't get out of his own way.

3. Big Game

Big Game Member

He said the "F" word! Scandalous.

O
    B
    S
    E
    S
    S
    I
    O
    N

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Big Game, in relation to Rokski, hit the red button. Just don't talk about it. It's worked for many of us who don't want to read certain people.

5. Big Game

Big Game Member

But, it's like a train wreck. I can't friggin look away. Haha. I made a vow that I wasn't going to ignore anyone, but maybe you're right. I'll just try to sit quietly and watch the carnage from afar. Thanks for the advice, Doc.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Coming from the guy who has been ignored by 17 PEOPLE :D

jus playin' wit ya

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We don't talk about that, youngster.

8. Kroog City

Kroog City Member

Rok - what are you trying to make us all think with all your reports on bad PR for Kobe? That he's a low-class individual? He proved that once off the court already. But a conversation with some teenagers is not news... it's 'off the record' and makes no difference at the end of the day.

If you think that he is going to suffer because of his attitude, you're wrong... Even if L.A. does want to dish him, someone will be more than happy to take him because of his talent. Look at T.O., and the NBA has a much thinner pool of talent than the NFL.

9. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Apparently there are both video and audio recordings. And on the audio recording he tells the two males that they ought to purchase Chicago Bulls uniforms:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_22362.shtml

It would appear Kobe has his mind made up. Well, until the next radio interview. Or the next...

Draft saved Draft deleted