1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More AJC changes

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jul 20, 2009.

1. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Hey, that was my first SE out of college!!!!

2. Maxie's departure is a bit of a surprise. He's been there seemingly forever (even though he's not that old), and I figured he'd be there a while longer since he didn't leave with the earlier buyouts/layoffs.

Towers may hate the recruiting beat, but I'll bet he still doesn't hate it as much as the aforementioned BS 5 a.m.-1 p.m. breaking news shift.

And as for Carvell, yet another puzzling move by the powers that be at the AJC. Pretty much like many of their other beat changes in recent months. Well, it ain't broke. Hey, I've got a great idea!!! Let's fix it.!!!!! ??? ::)

3. writestuff1

writestuff1 Member

Just to be fair, Keith Partridge almost flunked sex ed in high school but aced the final to get a B in the course. He then went on to San Pueblo Junior College. (I know, I know - get a life).

4. Shifty Squid

Shifty Squid Member

Keep in mind, Doc, that the AJC has laid off or otherwise lost so much of its preps staff (and by "so much," I mean, "almost, quite literally, every single one of them") that Carvell could be the only viable candidate to do preps at the moment. I'm serious when I say their entire sports staff (and their staff at large) is so decimated by the past few rounds of cuts and people voluntarily leaving that this could be more a move out of necessity borne from idiocy than one out of pure, present stupidity.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

AJC.....covering Dixie like a shrew.

6. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Covering Dixie like snow-covered hippies.

Draft saved Draft deleted