1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Moon trashes 'racially biased' criticism of Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Mar 31, 2011.

1. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Moon's points include Newton. Also, you went on a buffoonish rant against someone else.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

A former classmate with three children recently asked if I remember much about sixth grade.

"Not really," I said.
    I'm going to get back to her. My memory has been jogged.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Proposition 1: Cam Newton is a lowlife human being.
    Proposition 2: Some attacks on Cam Newton are the result of underlying racial bias.

Proposition 1 and proposition 2 are not mutually exclusive.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Calling her now.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Proposition 3: Proposition 2 is a fallacy and intentionally peddled by people who deny the truth of proposition 1.

Propositions 1, 2 & 3 are a daisy chain

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

1. Cam Newton got into trouble at both Florida and Auburn, one where he was kicked out of a school that's pretty tough to be kicked out of if you're an elite football player and was accused of being paid to go to Auburn.

2. He was an incredible college football player who won the Heisman and led his team to the national title.

3. He is not a prototypical NFL quarterback.

So based on those three facts and the recent history of QBs being taken with high picks becoming busts (Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Alex Smith, JaMarcus Russell...) a team might want to make sure it knows (or thinks it knows) everything it can about him before they use a high pick on him.

Draft saved Draft deleted