1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mood music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by amraeder, Jan 11, 2009.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Don't know if this topic has been done before -- I'm sure it has at some point(s), but a quick search didn't turn up anything too recent and figured this might be fun to do again.
    Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for good mood music -- a romantic mood that is.
    I've been told by the lady friend that my music selection is totally inadequate in this department, and she's probably right.
    Most of my music is stuff to pump me up while working out, so obviously none of that fits the bill, and the rest is my guilty pleasure stuff.
    I guess Nirvana's "Rape Me" just wasn't what she was looking for. Go figure...
    So anyway, if the mood strikes you, throw out what you like (youtube links always appreciated) and maybe I can get a decent playlist going.

Because, of course, there's no place better than SJ for romantic advice ;D

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Marvin Gaye.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Barry White works, too

4. amraeder

Anything specific from either of those, or just whatev?

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Both have greatest hits albums and you're pretty much golden from there

6. amraeder

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Van Morrison.

These are the Days
    Tupelo Honey
    Sweet Thing
    Have I Told You Lately
    Into the Mystic
    Warm Love
    Here Comes the Night
    Queen of the Slipstream
    Days Like This

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Good call

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

NFL postgame show

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The soundtrack to "Big Butt Sluts, Vol. 12" will have her dropping the panties and throwing her legs in the air faster than a Catholic school girl on prom night.

11. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Pretty much anything from John Legend (swoon). A couple favorites include Stay With You, Slow Dance, It Don't Have To Change.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Dead serious on this one: Radiohead's "House of Cards" off In Rainbows. Very sexy song.

My ex-girlfriend liked Nine Inch Nails' "Wish" Take that for what it's worth. :-X

Draft saved Draft deleted