1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monument Valley trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon_Cowbell, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

John Ford and Sergio Leone have made me want to see Monument Valley.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There are times when you stop, look in a certain direction, and are struck by the fact that you've seen this view over and over all your life, but now you're seeing it in person.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Simon, if you go ... make sure you go two hours up the road to Moab, too. Great little town. I went there a couple of times on quickie vacations. Great hiking and biking up that way, along with a few solid little restaurants. Fun place.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Moab is cool, and if you go be sure to check out Arches National Park. Some great views there.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

If I ever.... ever... think about using Continental again instead of JetBlue, you have permission to shoot me, at Jon-Erik Hexum range.

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Haha. Oh, and I was serious about the Indian Taco.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Highly, highly recommend southeast Utah. You can spend days, weeks in Moab on all the hiking and biking trails. Been in that area many times. If you want to go a bit to the east, Mesa Verde National Park is awesome too. And if you go to Mesa Verde, you might as well go the extra 35 miles to Durango.

Draft saved Draft deleted