1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monty Pyton alert!! On XM Radio 151

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Oct 21, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"The men's final hide & seek"

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

For Python freaks in Canuckistan, Bravo is showing Monty Python: Almost the Truth over three nights beginning Saturday. The shows will be followed by And Now For Something Completely Different (Saturday) and Meaning Of Life (Sunday).

http://www.bravo.ca/events/montypython/index.asp

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Its been on IFC here all week. Interesting, though it's disjointed, and I haven't heard much I didn't already know.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up. It'll be an alternative to watching the Leafs.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And one of my all time favs, The Travel Agent was on while I drove over to McDonald's

And then some adenoidal typists from Birmingham with flabby white legs and diarrhoea trying to pick up hairy bandy-legged wop waiters called Manuel and once a week there's an excursion to the local Roman Remains to buy cherryade and melted ice cream and bleeding Watney's Red Barrel and one evening you visit the so called typical restaurant with local colour and atmosphere and you sit next to a party from Rhyl who keep singing "Torremolinos, torremolinos" and complaining about the food - "It's so greasy isn't it?" - and you get cornered by some drunken greengrocer from Luton with an Instamatic camera and Dr. Scholl sandals and last Tuesday's Daily Express and he drones on and on about how Mr. Smith should be running this country and how many languages Enoch Powell can speak and then he throws up over the Cuba Libres.

"Drunken Greengrocer from Luton" always makes me laugh.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Reading that does not do justice to Michael Palin's brilliant delivery.

And remember the swimming pools are full of fat German businessmen forming pyramids and frightening the children.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Maybe this will help.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I heard that one the other night. "He's been scouring the outskirts of Lisbon, but little could he know his target is 1,500 miles away."

The documentary series has been interesting, but as Bubbler said, not anything too new or revealing so far. The radio station (running another week or so, I think) has been fantastic and reminded me of some classic stuff I'd forgotten. My brother and I had the "Contractual Obligation Album" on cassette and wore the thing out.

I remember repeatedly going into hysterics over "Farewell to John Denver":

http://sounds.wavcentral.com/movies/monty/denver_strangle.mp3

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I've been listening on Sirius, but it just isn't translating well for me. I love Monty Python's work, I really do. But because the recording quality isn't that good and I've got to focus on driving, it's easy to miss things. The troupe's work is simply brilliant, but it's been tough to listen to. I've been thinking, "what have I missed?," then I miss another brilliant nugget.

Draft saved Draft deleted