1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monty Python or Band of Brothers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 14, 2007.

?

Which one should I buy

Poll closed Jun 18, 2007.
  1. Monty Python box set

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Band of Brothers

25 vote(s)
    52.1%
  3. who cares?

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. save your money

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Actually, when you factor in 9% tax plus gas, its probably 10 bucks total...

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Agreed that it's not the same, but if slapp doesn't already have BoB on DVD, he's probably not that much of a diehard about it. And History Channel does a pretty decent job of staying out of the way.

Slappy, where's the Costco, Greenland?

3. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I have purchased Band of Brothers twice for myself and ended up giving both copies away. The second time I bought it I was at my brother's house and he had rented a couple episodes from BlockBuster and he told me how much he loved the series.

His birthday was two days later. . . damnit.

I am however sitting on a $50 Best Buy gift card that may have to go towards my own copy to keep.

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I love MPFS.

But Band of Brothers is simply amazing. And gives you all the more reason to dislike David Schwimmer, and like Ron Livingston.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

She took my dog! IT WAS MY DOG!!!

6. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Livingston played that role so damn well. I feel like all his characters since have been an extension of Lewis Nixon.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Ron Livingston: Only actor on Band of Brothers and Band of Sisters (SATS).

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Sex and the Sitty?

And while you can't go wrong either way, I voted for Band of Brothers.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I object to all this sex on the telly.

I mean, I keep fallin' off.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

While your help has been greatly appreciated, I think I'm going to buy MPFC at Costco because I can watch it now. But BoB I will get off ebay/amazon because I can save at least 10 bucks and there's no pressing need because I can't watch them both at once.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

It's "fanatical devotion to the Pope..." which Slappy should display by going to his nearby Costco, walking over to the video section, briefly looking at the Monty Python box set before picking up Band of Brothers and trotting his slappy ass over to the cashier to plunk down his cash.

I'm a Monty Python fan, but this is a no-brainer. Band of Brothers is one of the greatest mini-series ever created on television. Period. End of thread.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

On the contrary, the thread should keep going. Both are brilliant.

DINSDALE!!

Draft saved Draft deleted