1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Neutral Corner, Apr 18, 2024.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

My first memory of a Monty Python sketch was this from one of their record album.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I had a Monty Python computer game (don’t ask. There was no point really). It was my first exposure to things like the Lumberjack Song and Trying Not to be Seen.

To this day I’ll shout things like “get on wit it” and “I got better”

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

God, I love Izzard. Quote him soooo much. Was at a restaurant with friends a while back and pasta arrabbiata was on the menu. I friggin’ lost my mind. Was damned near involuntarily committed that night.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    Wenders likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was trying to look something up on a student's computer, but the firewall blocked it. I shouted "bloody peasant!" The student looked up and asked "did you just call me a peasant?"

I smiled.

garrow likes this.
  6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

He’s pining for the fjords.

He’s not pining, he’s passed on.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Another early favorite of mine. Learned lots of types: Red Leicester, Tilsit, Caerphilly, Bel Paese, Red Windsor, Stilton, Gruyere, Emmenthal, Norwegian Jarlsberg, Liptauer, Lancashire, White Stilton, Danish Blue, Double Gloucester, Cheshire, Dorset Blue Vinny, Brie, Roquefort, Pont L’Eveque, Port Salut, Savoyard, Saint-Paulin, Carre de L’Est, Boursin, Bresse-Bleu, Perle de Champagne, Camembert, Gouda, Edam, Caithness, Smoked Austrian, Sage Derby, Wensleydale, Gorgonzola, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Pipo Creme, Danish Fynboe, Czechoslovakian sheep’s milk cheese (Abertam), Venezuelan Beaver Cheese, Cheddar, Ilchester and Limburger.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Do you in fact, have any cheese at all? No.

garrow likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Could you do the egg bacon spam and sausage without the spam then?

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Something I say all the time:

“And you! Clear off! … Bloody weather.”

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

My wife has been binging on the original Sex and the City series over the past week and I watched some of the episodes with her. Four or five times just during those episodes one of the characters said something my wife says all the time. When I pointed that out to her, she said, “This is MY Monty Python.”

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Hello, I’d like to have an argument.

Huggy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted