1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Montreal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

All this mention of piss-water beers (50, OV ;)) and no talk about Laurentide??? Mon dieu!!! Can't leave la Belle Province without a few of those.

I will second those on Unibroue's products. My personal fave is Trois Pistoles, though Maudite and la Fin du Monde also rock. Though I generally despise fruit beers, they have one called Ephemere, which comes in many different flavo(u)rs- the only one I care for, and I think it's the bomb, is the sour apple (mainly because tart apples are the only fruits I like).

Been many, many moons since I've been in Montreal, so I have no other recommendations, other than the Montreal Smoked Meat sammiches.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Laurentide is/was Molson Canadian. Selling it under that name would never fly - as it were - in La Belle Province.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

[threadjack]

As a high school senior, my graduation present from my folks was transportation and a week's worth of tickets to the 1976 Olympics in Montreal.

It was a 15-hour overnight train ride. When I got there, I hailed a cab for my motel. Forty miles later, I was let out of the cab with a $60 bill. I went to my hotel room and found that my tickets were lost.

It was a 15-hour overnight train ride home that night.

[/threadjack]

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

If you go, don't be startled by the atmosphere. It's a dump. You're there for the food.

And it is good. (If you want smoked meat without the dumpy counter, Dunn's works great, right off Ste-Catherine. But Schwartz's is the place you're supposed to go to when you're in town.)

Draft saved Draft deleted