1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Montana

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Michael's first solo album, Got to Be There, was a mega smash.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

In fact, I'm listening to ABC on my MP3 right now.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I think you missed my point. G'night.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

what is your point since you think that I've missed it?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Might want to bone up on your Michael Jackson history before you start slobbering over Hannah Montana:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,950053-1,00.html

Saying she's as big as Michael Jackson is like saying the New Orleans Hornets are better than the 1960s Celtics because the Hornets sell more jerseys and just about as many tickets.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Dead. To. sportschick!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Has a great governor.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

My 4-year-old son loves her but now thinks her name is Johan Santana. This somehow makes me feel better.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mr. Bags, Michael Jackson also sold a shitload of solo albums, starting with his fifth solo album Off The Wall (7 million in the USA and 20 million worldwide) in 1978. Thriller sold 27M in the USA and 104 million worldwide and spent 37 weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. Bad sold 8 million in the USA and 25M around the world. According to CBS News, he's sold over 750 million records.

That said, I highly doubt that Miley Cyrus is going to fall from grace like Jackson, who is an object lesson to all young celebrities about how not to age gracefully.

10. KG

KG Active Member

Don't tell his achy breakey heart, but little Ms. Destiny will far surpass daddy in the long run, and that's not a bad thing. I hope she stays out of trouble, because she had a huge following of little girls, including my sweet little niece that dresses as her for Halloween.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Daisy better watch out.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Long run -- my money's on her.

Up to now -- well, Billy Ray sold 20 million copies of the Achy Breaky Heart album. Not a single Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana CD has approached that.

Billy Ray also had his own TV show. Hannah Montana still has 30 episodes to go before it even catches up to that.

Draft saved Draft deleted