1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Montana

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Dec 22, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I have a store for you: http://shop.cafepress.com/design/9719957

(Can't get the images to display. Eat me, Cafe Press!)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Winner winner...

3. Mizzougrad96

I had never heard a single one of her songs until she was on Idol last year. Obviously, her music isn't the type I listen to, but for manufactured kiddie pop, it's not terrible.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

She may have a larger estate but Michael Jackson eclipses her in terms of fame, longevity and the number of people who know who he is around the world.

5. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, it may be a long time before anyone reaches that level of fame again. Madonna might be there, but nobody whose career has started in the last decade is even close.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I agree.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That comparison isn't really fair to Cyrus, is it? I mean, neither Madonna nor Jackson built their careers in four or five years (or however long she's been around). Let's give her a few years before we compare her to those guys.

8. Mizzougrad96

I think she's going to be around for awhile. Her success is really unprecedented. I understand a lot of that has to do with Disney and whatnot, but what other singer can say they had a concert film gross $60 million?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think you're wrong, especially in the case of MJ. He was rich after the Jackson 5's first album. Madonna had a couple of duds before finally hitting it big.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Eddie Murphy?

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She's barely as successful as her dad so far.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The Jackson 5 sold a shitload of albums, not Michael Jackson.

Draft saved Draft deleted