1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Montana as big as Jackson?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 18, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, since HE DIDN'T HAVE HIS OWN FUCKING TV SHOW, not so much, anonymous message-board poster.

Oh, and since you didn't read any of the other articles I posted about Michael Jackson's influence, riches, etc., I didn't figure I'd bother posting another. But here's another one for you to ignore, from the NYT about all the money Michael Jackson made and pissed away:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/14/business/yourmoney/14michael.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

are you a blogger, too? maybe you should have punched in a little google.com before saying "Did TV play a role in his becoming the biggest pop star on the planet? Yes, but it had little to do with his creation." now that is one of the stupidest things i've read in some time.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well, you'd know all about stupid on this issue, wouldn't you?

His creation was fronting a band consisting of his brothers. His videos for Thriller helped him become the biggest pop star on the planet, but they weren't the only reason for it.

But go ahead, keep making yourself look a fool.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

"HE DIDN'T HAVE HIS OWN FUCKING TV SHOW"

what's that dumbass? speak up.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

tell me more about the television creation of jackson while he was still a child, please. please focus on this topic.

and please pontificate about the impact the video had on the sales of thriller.

once again, somebody who wasn't there is recreating history. the pure ignorance of what you people believe to be true and what is true grows tiresome.

6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Tom,

Don't worry what these other hacks say, this hack actually agrees with you on this one.

Then again, is that a good thing?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I was there, Tom, but keep trying to claim I'm rewriting history. Whatever, I'm done. You're on blast on this topic in my world. You know shit about music.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and these very same people, the same people who blather on and say "if it weren't for her dad ...", have absolutely zero idea of the roles diana ross and quincy jones played in the creation of jackson as well as tv.

hell, quincy jones was off the wall.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you were there but you say TV didn't create jackson in the 1970s?

that's pure stupidity, and now you're just tossing red herrings to make up for your dumb posts.

and my point is, jackson's act was pure entertainment, not music. HM's "music" has just as much "depth" as the thriller album and she's 15 ... and she's making more money.

10. Have I mentioned lately that MJ is a pedophile?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and please, tell me how old you were in 1971 and how much you enjoyed watching the show.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

trivia: in what MJ song does his first line go something like ... "your butt is mine."

some of us knew even then.

Draft saved Draft deleted