1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Montana as big as Jackson?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 18, 2008.

1. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

When did I say that?

Liar.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's billionaire with a B.
    that's bigger with a B.
    that's bottom line with ... yeah, you should get it.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

troll with a t?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

now that is funny.

come on pat boy, tell us more about hoodie and his team's greatness. you really can't top that.

5. I have never let my 4-year-old daughter watch this show. Ever. Yet somehow SHE not only knows who HM is, but wants to see the movie.

It's like a fucking virus.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

crack.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Might want to bone up on your Michael Jackson history before you start slobbering over Hannah Montana:

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,950053-1,00.html

Saying she's as big as Michael Jackson is like saying the New Orleans Hornets are better than the 1960s Celtics because the Hornets sell more jerseys and just about as many ticets.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Ummm. I don't think comparing her to the Cheetah Girls is on the level.

They are a Disney product that doesn't get 1/8th of the fanfare Miley Cyrus does.

I think this is a legit breakthrough artist here. She has a good voice, she has a strong following and she has a strong family supporting her. I don't see this as a flash in the pan.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

blogger, once again a very shortsighted post from your fingertips, yet i'm i'm not shocked.

compare montana at 15 to mikey at 15.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Huh? Please remember where you are. This is a message board, not a blog, anonymous message-board poster.

And now that you are changing your argument to compare Hannah Montana to Michael Jackson at age 15, I'll leave the comparisons up to you. Hopefully you've heard of the Jackson 5, whose first four singles hit #1 with Michael Jackson as lead singer at age 12. Then Michael Jackson had his first #1 solo single by age 13.

Now, please come back in 10 years and compare Hannah Montana at 24 to Michael Jackson at 24.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Until then this comparison is ridiculous.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

blogger - either way you want it. a billionaire by 18, that's with a B.

also with the same throwaway style of music as jackson. she'll be bigger than mike by 18 ... did i mention with the same throwaway type of music?

Draft saved Draft deleted