1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Montana as big as Jackson?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, Feb 18, 2008.

1. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

She is the creation of the Disney Marketing machine. Just like the Cheetah Girls or whatever the hell that girl group Disney made by ripping off the original author.
    Her dad is the brain behind it all. Like someone said above without him she would be fucked.

The thing is she really needs to work to continue being number one and if it was not for the Jonas brothers who was part of the tour, I don't think it would have been as popular as it currently is for the male and female audience.

Anyone that starts with this much success at the age of 15 will hit rock bottom quicker then most.

Also Mary Kate and Ashley had the brains to launch a company to control there image, name etc with Dualstar and they also manage the Cory brothers of the Disney Channel fame. Cyrus needs to do something similar if she wants this to work in the long run.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

... but on the verge of being more successful nonetheless.

and to say MJ made MTV relevant? puh-lease.

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

It's amazing how irrelevant both of them, or anyone, can be if you simply choose not to pay attention to them.

4. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I regret ever mentioning to SportsJournalists.com Nation that I bought Thriller. :D

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

liar.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Oh, I know.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Her show is not funny. Dare I say they even use cringe-worthy punchlines and gags at times. And her singing ability is marginal at best, but she's likeable enough and I suppose the little tykes need somebody to look up to. Kind of like High School Musical, another underwhelming production with little redeeming value for anyone under 12.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you were the same guy who said the pats were the best team in the history of the nfl, correct?

in short, i don't think you know shit.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I heard HM on a radio interview the other day and she sounded liked a teen-aged boy going through puberty her voice was so raspy.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how jacksonesque ... only in reverse.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Give me a break. If Michael Jackson put Thriller out today, he'd have all the TV shows, movie concerts, product tie-ins, etc., that Hannah Montana enjoys.

Oh, wait -- Thriller DID come out again this year. Talk to me in 25 years when Hannah Montana CDs are re-released.

12. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

As big as Jackson? Seriously? I could understand saying she might make more money than Jackson. But no way is the latest teen queen bigger than Michael Jackson. Compare her to Hillary Duff or the Olsen twins or someone like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted