1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Montana as big a nut-job as Britney?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bruce Leroy, Mar 1, 2008.

1. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I'd add "simple-minded."

2. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

don't forget to add in white-trash, washed up father

3. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

I say she is not a Virgin and that if she has a brain she will learn from the mistakes of her past competition. But since the only one I know who does not fuck around and end up in rehape is Mandy Moore and in reality how much do we give a shit about her anymore?

4. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I'm going to agree with that.... especially after reading the author's tag line. "She's also founder of SPOGG, the Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar."
    She sounds like a humorless bitch.
    That said, I agree with the point this humorless bitch makes:
    "Today she is a chicken nugget of a performer. If you ever want your kids to develop taste, you won't let them gorge themselves on nuggets -- even if all the other kids are doing it and your kids swear they'll never eat again if you don't give them what they want."

5. like teenaged boy brains are much better in that same equation ...

[​IMG]

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

So these people are supposed to achieve and maintain astounding fame that makes them the center of tabloid media around the country for years on end and have it not affect them?

Chicken, egg. Vicious cycle. Circle of logic. Fucking pick one.

And I, for one, adore Mandy Moore. If you want to know why, watch Dedication.

7. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Hey I am not saying that the fame does not affect them, but it did affect Mandy as much as anyone and she has not been taken for drugs, dui or getting married and pregnant with the block.

Mandy is a great person and a very nice lady that knows what to do and when to do it. I meet her a few years back while she was shopping and she actually gave a shit about me for the 5 min we talked. That is more then I can say about 90% of the current sex symbols and celebrities that walk the streets of LA.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The worst thing the author of the article said about Miley Cyrus that is factual is that she said she was a virgin, and he doubted it. Aside from that, the whole thing was his subjective opinion that her movie wasn't any good.

I don't see the automatic leap into Britney Spears territory.

9. Clever username

I'm not saying drugs and alcohol are ever the answer, but human beings are weak and need an escape. We shouldn't be surprised when/if the Britney's of the world happen.

My point was the whole celebrity tabloid culture is just a vicious cycle. Someone gets a little attention, gets a little famous, doesn't know how to handle it and fucks up. They gain even more attention and fame because they fucked up, but the increased attention only make things worse and they fuck up again. And so on.

And you almost can't even blame the tabloids because people keep buying that shit. They're just meeting the demand.

And I'm sure Mandy Moore is delighted no one, i.e. Us Weekly or whatever, gives a shit about her. They should, though, because the real question is how did she avoid becoming another casualty and how can other people learn from her experience? Although, I did see her on Craig Ferguson and he did ask her that, albeit in a less tactful way.

10. Clever username

Britney claimed for years she was a virgin to maintain her wholesome image. And then she reached a point where she got tired of lying about it. So there is a parallel, if Cyrus is lying.

But good christ, who cares if she's a virgin or not. What difference does it make.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I really liked her latest single, 'Extraordinary'. Haven't heard any of the rest of the album though.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Better chance of this happening than of her becoming bigger than Michael Jackson on any level (including becoming a bigger nutball).

Draft saved Draft deleted