1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Monster NBA deal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm checking our cue and there's nothing there yet.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Interesting. Two stories, both from the L.A. Times, have moved across our wire. Want me to send via PM?

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

weird. I see other McClatchy stories, but not one on the Garnett trade.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Check your PM, Ides.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I like Bryant and Garnett, but does anybody else think these two might not be the dream combination that restores the Lakers' legacy?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd like to see them on Minnesota. But, we all know that would never happen.

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

So the Celtics were not thinking a Paul Pierce-Jermaine O'Neal pairing could make some noise in the mediocre East?

Fair enough.

The deal is dead. But ESPN's report on it mentioned that Kobe would still want out.

If that were the case . . . . he is indeed a moron.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, what were the particulars of the trade?

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Someone can correct me, but:

Lakers get Garnett

Pacers get Odom and Bynum

Celtics get Jermaine O'Neal

T'Wolves get Al Jefferson and some cap flotsam

I'm a biased Laker dork, but those are definitely four teams that could use a shakeup and are actively seeking one. And the league would have two quality players (and thus, possible relevance) on both the Lakers and Celtics again. Factoring in contracts and ages, I'm not sure any team really loses horribly.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Not the worst deal, but I don't know if Jermaine O'Neal is worth the No. 5 pick and Al Jefferson.

11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

And . . . . . I only considered the players involved, not the picks. Giving up the No. 5 would be too steep for Boston.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

If depends what Boston wants. If they want to win now, they should go for it because JO+Pierce=automatic bid for the playoffs(in the east of course).

Draft saved Draft deleted